G. Boone Smith IV focuses his practice in the areas of estate and corporate taxation, estate planning, tax exempt organizations and income tax conflict.
Mr. Smith received his B.A. in political science from Wake Forest University, his law degree from Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law and his Master of Laws in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center with a Certificate in Estate Planning.
While in Washington, D.C., Mr. Smith worked in the office of Charles E. Grassley, ranking minority member of the Senate Finance Committee, where he aided in the planning and coordination of multiple hearings related to the reformation of the Estate Tax and Nonprofit Governance. Also, during law school, he performed an externship with the Office of Chief Counsel of the Internal Revenue Service during the spring of 2006 where he was in charge of a full case load relating to income tax collection cases that had been brought forth for review by the United States Tax Court.
Mr. Smith currently is a member of the Professional Advisory Board of the Community Foundation of Central Georgia, Member and Past President of the Macon Estate Planning Counsel, a member of the William A. Bootle American Inn of Court, Secretary of the Macon Civic Club and past President of the Board of Directors of Hay House and a current member of its Board of Advisors. He is a lifelong member of Christ Episcopal Church and resides in Macon with his wife, Amanda and son George.
- Federal estate and gift taxation
- Estate planning
- Business transactions including regular and bond financing
- Tax exempt organizations
- Income tax conflict
- B.A., Wake Forest University, 2004
- J.D., Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, 2007
- L.L.M. in Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 2008
- Georgia, 2007
- AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite, Taxes and Estate, 2015
- Phi Delta Phi
- Recipient, Outstanding Tax Student Award, Mercer University School of Law, 2006 to 2007
- Student Member, William Augustus Bootle American Inn of Court, 2006 to 2007
- State Bar of Georgia